Our Commitment to Privacy
The Art Therapy Project respects the confidentiality of our clients. In support of the therapeutic process, names and other personal information are not made public. The information provided on our site does not apply to all clients uniformly.
Data CollectionWe collect two types of information:
1. Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
2. Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize volunteer, request information, or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry.
3. Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Your financial information is kept confidential and on a secure server with limited access.
4. Requests: If you submit an online request for The Art Therapy Project info we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, telephone number, and email address.
Data UseWe limit the use of information provided to us on our Site to the following:
1. If you do not make a service request, donation, purchase, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
2. If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
○ Supply you with information including The Art Therapy Project programs, events and services.
○ Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to The Art Therapy Project.
○ Request your participation in an The Art Therapy Project research study.
3. We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate The Art Therapy Project department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
Your health-related information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity. The Art Therapy Project abides by all HIPAA Guidelines.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
1. Do not contact me by telephone.
2. Do not contact me by postal mail.
3. Do not contact me by email.
4. Do not share my contact information with other non-profit organizations.
5. Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting The Art Therapy Project.
6. Limit your fundraising appeals to semiannual solicitations only.
For more information on how to inform us of any desired restrictions, please click on the following link: opt out. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner, regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using “Contact Us.”
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards.
We process your financial transactions securely using the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI DSS") (the credit card industry's most stringent security standard). Examples of our security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; use of strong encryption (e.g., SSL) for transmissions of Personal Information; restricted access of personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits. Inside The Art Therapy Project, data is stored in password-controlled servers. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee our site is invulnerable to all security breaks. The Art Therapy Project makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever The Art Therapy Project permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices The Art Therapy Project constituents have made under this statement, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. While The Art Therapy Project will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
Links Within Our Site
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the The Art Therapy Project Site. The http://thearttherapyproject.org website contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
Security and Privacy Requests
The Art Therapy Project
132 West 21st Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10011
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy.